Sunday, July 6, 2014

Marathon Training Week 4

I've survived yet another week of marathon training.  The good news is that I have graduated from physical therapy.  The bad news is the only time I could fit my last session in was on Wednesday when I would normally do speed training.  I changed things up this week and did short hill sprints on Tuesday night as a strength day instead of an interval day.  I went to Cricket Hill and did 15 reps and was surprised that my legs didn't fall off.  I actually felt pretty good after it was done.  I also passed the 30 mile mark this week.  Last year I didn't do that until the first week of August so I feel like I'm a month ahead of last year's training.

Monday - 2.3 M
Tuesday - 6.63 M including the hill sprints
Wednesday - 1.46 M
Thursday - 6.01 M
Friday - 4 M
Saturday - 1.55 M
Sunday - 11M
Total 32.9 Miles

I took some pictures during my long run since I was wearing my Nathan HPL 20 race vest and had my phone handy.

“Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the Universe than we do now.”     






3 comments:

  1. Yay for no more physical therapy. Well, I don't mean it in a bad way because I know they are helpful.

    How is the Nathan HPL 20 race vest working out for you? I have a CamelBack which I like but hate the sound of the water moving inside the vest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vest is working out well. The trick to the water sloshing is to remove the excess air from the water bladder. I put the bladder upside down and suck out all the air using the mouthpiece. The water and bladder still move a little bit, but there's no noise and it's not so bad.

      Delete