Thursday, March 21, 2013

Well this weekend should be interesting

I finally get to run my first race of the year this weekend.  It is the Chi-Town Spring Half on Sunday morning.  I wish the temperatures would be a little warmer, but I'll live.  The nice thing is that the race starts near the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum which is only about a half mile or so from my apartment. I'll be able to just show up near the start time and run, then walk home with relative ease.

Here is where the interesting things come in:
  1. I'm recovering from the sciatic nerve issue
  2. I haven't run more than 9 miles for a long run since November
  3. This will be the coldest weather I've raced in
  4. My parents will be arriving in town shortly after I finish the race for a 3 day stay.
 That's right, the parental units are crashing at my place from Sunday - Wednesday.  I hope they don't want to do anything that requires a lot of movement on Sunday.  I guess the good news is that by the time they get here we will all be very hungry and ready for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment